Re: crosstab query script (python) attached

От Andrew Gould
Тема Re: crosstab query script (python) attached
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:

> Just for info, there is a (C language) crosstab
> function in
> contrib/tablefunc.
>
> The one in 7.3 has a serious limitation (the source
> query must ensure
> that for each row in the crosstab, there is a record
> representing each
> column of the crosstab, even if the value is NULL).

> Joe

I'm not sure that's a bad thing.  Crosstabs are a
great tool for analysis.  My first task is usually to
check for unexpected column titles and unusual volumes
in the "null" column.  My script creates a
"null_value" field to account for records without
values for the crosstab.  (Initially, I called it
"Null"; but I got nervous about using the word as a
column title.)

Andrew Gould