Re: Removing foreign key and adding sequence

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Removing foreign key and adding sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Chad,

> alter table lists rename to lists_bak;
>
> select * from lists_bak into lists;
>
> I can add the constraints and foreign key's back in that ARE necessary, my
> only worry (and mabey you can think of another worry) is that my sequence
> is no longer attached to the id field of my table.
>
> Is this the right approach, and if so, how do I add my sequence back in?

Simple:  when you re-create Lists, just make sure that the id is "DEFAULT
NEXTVAL('sequence_name')".  That's it.  Sequences are easy.

However, I think it might be easier just to drop the FKs.  What version are
you using?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions