Re:

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 25/06/2003 15:46 Daniel E. Fisher wrote:
> Entered in the pg_hba.conf file
>
> host    all    the.machine's.ip.address 255.255.255.255
> and still gives me the error that it doesn't have an entry for the
> servers
> ip.

If You're using PG 7.3, then you need a user column:

host   database(or all)    user(or all)    the.machine's.ip.address
255.255.255.255

> Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: No pg_hba.conf
> entry
> for host "machine's.ip" user postgres, database nm in
> /var/www/html/crohns/phpBB2/db/postgres7.php on line 79
> phpBB : Critical Error
>
> Could not connect to the database
>
> I would also like to know how to restart postmaster to reinitialize
> changes
> if someone could help me out on that.

Depends on which *nix flavour/distribution you're using. I use Red Hat
Linux and

service postgresql restart

works for me.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

Сообщение: Re: Physical Database Configuration
Сообщение: Re: Physical Database Configuration