Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dann,

> Astute members of the list have noticed that I have not volunteered to
> perform the work.  I may or may not produce some efforts towards testing
> PostgreSQL.  Whether I decide to help or not is irrelevant towards the
> concept of what needs to be done.

It is not irrelevant.  This is an Open Source project, not some Dot-Com where
you can float good ideas until you go bankrupt.   If there's no possibility
of us getting a major 3rd-party certified battery of QA tests donated, why
bother putting it on the TODO list?

Would it be nice if we had more tests?  Yes.  In fact, one of the items on my
personal todo list is to devise a more versatile performance test than
pgbench for testing postgresql parameters, builds, and installations.  But
it's not getting done by me carping at people on the Hackers list.  It'll get
done when I spend a long weekend writing Perl.

Put up or shut up time, Dann.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze