Re: OODBMS - PostgreSql

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: OODBMS - PostgreSql
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 20/06/2003 07:20 postgre sql wrote:
> approve praxid show postgres_neterp@yahoo.co.uk
>
> Hi,
>

>   We are new to PostgreSQL, and we have a plane to migrate our existing
> java application from DB2 to PostgreSQL. In this regard we would like to
> know that did PostgreSQL Support the following features. Anyone can tell
> us where can we found related documents.
>

>  1) Will PostgreSQL support OODBMS features like Nested Tables of
> Objects, Object Reference etc.

I can't find any reference on IBM's web site to indicate that DB2 supports
these functions. What version of DB2 are they in? UDB 8.1 seems to be the
latest and I can't see anything mentioned there.

PostgreSQL could best be described as an object-relational database. It
supports table inheritence. See:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=0&file=tutorial-inheritance.html

>  2) Will PostgreSQL support SQLJ/EJBQ

These are Java client/middleware functions. The easiest way to find out if
your app server and the JDBC driver are happy together is to try it. I
don't use either SQLJ (I thought that died the death years ago) or EJBs. I
use a simple DAO architecture running under Tomcat and find it works
extremely well.

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

Сообщение: Re: Problems with writing EUC-JP/Unicode to console or file
Сообщение: Re: Problems with writing EUC-JP/Unicode to console or file