Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 23 June 2003 07:33, nolan@celery.tssi.com wrote:
> > > Personally, if I want case insensitivity, I'll WRITE IT INTO THE CODE,
> > > but I can see how some people might think that 'NOLAN', 'Nolan' and
> > > 'nolan' should be considered as the same data.
> >
> > Oh, you mean like "SELECT * FROM table WHERE field ~* 'nolan';"?
>
> No, I mean as in "SELECT * FROM table WHERE field = 'nolan';"

bad memories ... of website login system ... using MySQL ... returning
several results for a unique login / pw combination ...

To stop this behaviour in MySQL one needs to define CHAR and VARCHAR types
with a "BINARY" attribute, e.g.:

  CREATE TABLE tbl (field VARCHAR(24) BINARY)

My fault though for not reading the manual attentively enough ;-).
-> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/CHAR.html

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: Urgent : Postgresql Client for linux
Сообщение: Re: Urgent : Postgresql Client for linux