Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Sailesh Krishnamurthy wrote:

> I'm not sure if I understand Tom's beef - I think he is concerned about
> what happens if a subordinate does not respond to a prepare message. I
> would assume that the co-ordinator would not let the commit go through
> until it has received confirmations from every subordinate. The
> application's commit will remain blocked against the co-ordinator when
> this takes place.

Wouldn't 2PC have some sort of 'heartbeat' between the co-ordinator and
subordinate?  Like, if you had multiple subordinates and one crashed, the
co-ordinator would have to know that and be able to continue on, no?

Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze