Re: again: Bug #943: Server-Encoding from EUC_TW toUTF-8

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: again: Bug #943: Server-Encoding from EUC_TW toUTF-8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > Copy to table (DB has UTF-8 encoding) from file:
> > > for PGCLIENTENCODING=BIG5:
> > > WARNING:  copy: line 1, LocalToUtf: could not convert (0xf9d6) BIG5 to UTF-8. Ignored
> > > WARNING:  copy: line 2, LocalToUtf: could not convert (0xf9d7) BIG5 to UTF-8. Ignored
> > > WARNING:  copy: line 3, LocalToUtf: could not convert (0xf9d8) BIG5 to UTF-8. Ignored
> > > WARNING:  copy: line 4, LocalToUtf: could not convert (0xf9db) BIG5 to UTF-8. Ignored
> >
> > I see no problem here. The only standard conversion map I could found
> > on-line form so far (see below URL) does not include entries 0xf9d6 or
> > above.
>
> Sorry, I do not know anything about conversion maps and CNS 11643-1993 planes.
> I only got a file in BIG5 encoding from Taiwan and found that it is not possible
> to load all text to postgresql 7.3.3.
> But it is possible to convert to UTF-8 with iconv tool from glibc (Linux).
> It would be good if next release supports todays BIG5.

I'm not looking forward to add any conversion entries confirmed by
standards. Can some one explain me the current status of the
conversion maps between BIG5 and Unicode? The only info I could found
so far is in www.unicode.org.
--
Tatsuo Ishii