Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Jan Wieck wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Dann Corbit wrote:
> >
> >> Designing tests is busywork.  Desiging tests is boring.  Nobody wants to
> >> design tests, let alone interpret the results and define correct
> >> baselines.  But testing is very, very important.
> >
> > But we do do testing ... we even design testing (in the form of the
> > regression tests) ... we just don't do testing that you personally approve
> > of ... and, from what I've seen so far, you aren't willing to actually put
> > *your* time where your mouth is ... design some tests and submit them to
> > us ... if they are valid, they will get used ...
> >
> > If you feel that crash-me is a valid starting point, start there and see
> > where it takes you ...
>
> Not that fast! I didn't take the time to check but it wouldn't surprise
> me if MySQL's crash-me is GPL'd and copyright MySQL AB. That's not an
> optimal point to start PostgreSQL test code from, is it?

I didn't say to copy it, but if the format is what Dann feels is required
to be taken seriously, it does give a starting point to work from ...

the thing is, as I think it was Tom that pointed out, the crash-me is more
a feature tester then anything ... but Dann appears to be stuck on it as
the 'be all, end all of testing suites' ...

Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Сообщение: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze