Re: How to get subscribe-nomail to working ?

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: How to get subscribe-nomail to working ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Ivar <ivar@lumisoft.ee> wrote:

> Yee i got it working.
>
> After spending 1 hour searching around I found  it.
>
> Damn, suscribing and changeing settings is so hard,
> time consuming (sending,
> replying  to server emails).
> Why isn't such thing changeable through web
> interface ?

It is: at least, the subscribing/unsubscribing part.
My original message to you gave you directions for
that.  The need for a confirmation is simply to check
that the person having the newly-subscribed address
really wanted that to happen.

"majordomo" is widely used for managing mailing lists,
and is worth spending a few minutes research time.  If
you send an email message to majordomo@postgresql.org,
with the message body being the word "help", you will
get back plenty of useful information about how to
easily and flexibly manage your subscription.

Bear in mind, too, that everything you send to the
list is forwarded to every list member...