Strange trouble with pg_dump import

От Hervé Piedvache
Тема Strange trouble with pg_dump import
Дата
Re: Strange trouble with pg_dump import  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Since two days we have a trouble with the importation of our database dump
import ...

In fact, it's not a real trouble of the import ... because there is not really
any error message during the importation of the data ...

But after we do some queries on the database ... and we, ONLY on all the table
having a PRIMARY KEY, have a message like this : "index ix_mytable_index is
not a btree" ... (not the exact message sorry). I insist we do not have this
message with others tables which have index but without primary key ... and
for the tables with primary key, we have only the trouble with the index of
the primary key .. not the others index ... so the trouble seems to be on the
constraint of the primary key ...
We have the same message doing a vacuum full verbose analyse; of the database
on each table having a primary key ...

We import the dump doing :
cat my_dump | psql -U postgres mydatabase

We are using a 7.3.3 PostgreSQL version. Nothing change on the server, except
one thing ... we only add 4 new tables in the database with about a total of
2 000 000 records ... the dump size that we are trying to import is about 1,8
Gb in text format. The server have no trouble of space disk, or memory during
the importation of the data ...

The really strange thing .. is that making this only from our classical cron
of the night (that we do not changed since 2 years) ... BUT if we do the
importation by "hands" doing a \i mydump or doing the same command line as
inside the night script cat my_dump | psql -U postgres mydatabase ... then
it's running perfectly ... !? We tried twice this morning to import the
database on the same server without any troubles ... !????

Any ideas ?

Regards,
--
Hervé Piedvache