Re: set decimal point in SQL

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема Re: set decimal point in SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
--- Rodger Donaldson <rodgerd@diaspora.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 05:02:34PM -0500, Bu, Ning
> wrote:
>
> > I have a field set up as money and I try to
> calculate some number
> > and put in this field, but the number will be 6
> demical point and I
> > want to cut it to only 2-4 decimal point, how can
> I do it? Thanks
>
> round(); eg
>
> select    round(foo, 2)
> from    bar
>
> ...will give you values in column foo rounded to 2
> decimal places.

If you use "numeric(x,2)", where x is the largest
number of digits you are likely to need, the rounding
will be done for you.  Type "money" is deprecated
anyway, and is likely to be dropped in a future
release.  You can format the numeric value on output
if you want to display currency symbols or whatever.