Re: Pre-allocation of shared memory ...

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Pre-allocation of shared memory ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:10:02PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> It is bad to hang the system, but if it reports swap failure, at least
> the admin knows why it failed, rather than killing random processes.
I wonder if it might be better to suspend whatever process is trying to
allocate/write to too much memory. At least then you have some chance of
keeping the system up (obviously you'd need to leave some amount free so
you could login to the box to fix things).
--
Jim C. Nasby (aka Decibel!)                    jim@nasby.net

От: "Benjamin Minshall"
Сообщение: Multi Table Indexes
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Pre-allocation of shared memory ...