Re: ECPG CVS version problems

От Philip Yarra
Тема Re: ECPG CVS version problems
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 02:35 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Philip Yarra <philip@utiba.com> writes:
> > I just did a test build on a machine with bison 1.35, and there were no
> > complaints regarding its version
>
> You sure?  I see [it] in configure's output

Oh, yes, well so it is. Sorry about that.

>  (The reason it's not
> a hard error is that you don't actually need bison unless you don't have
> up-to-date copies of the derived files made by bison.  This should not
> be the case when using a snapshot, only when building from a CVS pull.)

Provided preproc.y has changed... `make clean` does not remove the output of
bison, I found. When I copied the CVS source from my workstation to the
machine with older bison I didn't realise that, hence the confusion.

> > I assume that a way was found to make
> > older versions of bison work
>
> You assume wrong.

Yep. Part of the learning-curve, I suppose. I'll get there.

Regards, Philip.

Сообщение: Re: ECPG CVS version problems
Сообщение: Re: ECPG CVS version problems