Re: Which database part 2

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: Which database part 2
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Dear Kaarel,

> I had two database courses in my University this semester. One course
> _required_ the homework to be done in MS Access. The other _required_
> the homework to be done in PostgreSQL and C. I have some experience in
> database development but these are all related to schoolwork and have
> been rather small scale where MySQL satisfies.

So you are a real professional. When asking this question, my concern was that
many sofware companies now communicate using "buzzwords" like "speed",
"transactions", "replication", etc... in order to impress end-users and
financial investors.

> Reminds me of the
> "Welcome to the real world,
> Morpheus"
> Hope the PostgreSQL world isn't as dramatic though :)

Sorry, I did not intend to make this comparision.

PostgreSQL is being developped so fast, that you feel like you will never be
able to say "I know PostgreSQL completely". In a way, PostgreSQL is a quest
for knowledge...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel