Re: PREPARE in ECPG

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: PREPARE in ECPG
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 08:55:07AM +0200, BTS wrote:
> The documentation for PostgreSQL 7.3 explains about introducing the optimized PREPARE/EXECUTE statements, but we have
discoveredthis is not implemented (yet) in ECPG (we are using release 7.3.2). See comments in
"ecpg/preproc/preproc.y".
> - When will the optimized PREPARE/EXECUTE be implemented in ECPG?

As soon as we find a way to do it. I do not see a good way to pass
variables to the backend's prepare statement. We had a longer discussion
on this starting with the different syntax until I understood that you
cannot prepare a statement like:

select * from table where id=:id;

until you already know the value of the variable id, i.e. the backend
does not know a USING clause to specify the variables when executing the
command.

But then I may have missed something. It happened before. :-)

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

От: Rudy Lippan
Сообщение: Re: Announce: DBD::Pg 1.30_2 (beta)
От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: PREPARE in ECPG