Re: Initial draft for our "Code of Ethics and Conduct"

От elein
Тема Re: Initial draft for our "Code of Ethics and Conduct"
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy

Part of being responsible includes good and active communication.
If one takes on a responsibility and cannot fullfill it completely, that person
must communicate to the group as soon as possible so that someone else can
pick up the task or the group can work around the problem.  As
this is a volunteer group, people have other responsibilities and
sometimes have to bail out.  Good communication is critical for
this type of situation.

This idea follows for items that have a due date and cannot be
completed by that time.  The responsible person must communicate
that information in a timely manner.

We know these things happen, but if we make a point to talk to
each other, then shifting responsibilities does not have to be
an overwhelming problem.

Also, who is considered to be "a member" at this time? Josh, Bruce
and Robert Treat are the ones listed on the web site.  What about
other active members of the mailing list?  What is the criteria for
being a member of the advocacy group?  Who decides?

elein

On Saturday 14 June 2003 08:27, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is the first draft of a "Code of Ethics and Conduct" document for
> us.  It includes bits about our Mission and similar, and is based on the
> draft document for another Open Source Software group.
>
> Not sure what people think, but my hope is that it'll give us a good
> basis for making future decisions upon, in a transparent and predictable
> manner.
>
> What needs to be added, altered, changed, etc?
>
> :-)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift
>

> *********************
>

> PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing Team Code of Ethics and Conduct
> Draft Document Revision 0.01
>

> *These ethics and principles are submitted for consideration as a
> starting point for discussion purposes - to help advance the standards
> and practices of the PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team.
>
> Membership in the PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team is a privilege and
> responsibility, not a right or entitlement.  The PGDG Advocacy and
> Marketing Team's purpose is to advance, promote and represent best
> practises in all its efforts, actions and associations.
>
> Members of the PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team are committed to follow
> and promote the principles, practices, and ethics defined in the
> following Code of Ethics and Conduct.  Members who knowingly violate the
> Code of Conduct will be subject to sensure, suspension, expulsion or
> other action determined appropriate by a Peer Review Panel.  Any
> judgement of the Peer Review Panel will take effect immediately and may
> only be appealed at the request of a majority of the registered Membership.
>

> *PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team's Vision*
>
> To bring PostgreSQL to the forefront of the Open Source Database
> industry, serving and protecting the best interests of the PostgreSQL
> Community, its individual members and contributors.
>

> *PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team Mission*
>
> To find, embrace, promote and disseminate best practices in all actions
> related to the use and advancement of PostgreSQL.
>

> *PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team Code of Conduct*
>
> PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team members will act with integrity,
> fairness, and responsibility whenever their actions relate to the
> interests of Free/Libre Open Source Software Communities and its
> individual members and contributors.
>
> PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team members actions should ensure that all
> members and contributors in the Free/Libre Open Source Software
> Communities can work diligently together in advancing the best interests
> of all.
>
> PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team members will provide aid or referral to
> all those who seek to develop and improve the quality and competency in
> their PostgreSQL capabilities.
>
> PGDG Advocacy and Marketing Team members will adhere to the highest
> standards of professional conduct in their Free/Libre Open Source
> [...]

elein@varlena.com     Database Consulting     www.varlena.com
PostgreSQL General Bits    http:/www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/
   "Free your mind the rest will follow" -- en vogue