Re: pg 7.1.X

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: pg 7.1.X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 15:07:21 -0400,
  danfisher@bwkip.com wrote:
> Your right....I will try getting a new version installed.  Any
> recommendations for 7.2 or should I just go with the latest version off
> postgresql.org?

You either want 7.2.4 or 7.3.3. You won't need to to an initdb (which
will require dumping and reloading your DB) to go from 7.2.x to 7.2.4.
7.3 also introduced schemas and some more things were controlled by
security. This might mean that you will need to tweak your applications
a little bit. I also think the move to gborg for some things (e.g. Pg)
happened between those releases so you might need to check out gborg
if you need an interface that isn't included by default.

If you are just doing development right now you might consider trying a 7.4
snapshot. There will be a beta release of 7.4 in about a month.
There will probably be a production release around September depending
on how things go.