Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Robert Treat wrote:

> But we do need core's approval to add legitimacy to our efforts,
> especially with some of the "marketing is bad" folks that live on
> -hackers.  We also need core's approval to get infrastructure changes
> put into place to help our efforts.

Huh?  What infrastructure changes have ever gone through -core?

> This overlooks the fact that you can't earn credibility with some of our
> community unless you hack on the back-end. The uproar over the 7.3 press
> release was a fine example of what happens when the "advocacy" guys try
> to make a change to something non-technical that the "technical" guys
> don't approve of.

Actually, I thought at that time we had agreed to have two seperate press
releases (assuming that that is what you are talking about?) ... one
'marketing driven', and one 'technically driven'?