Re: LC_COLLATE=es_MX in PgSQL 7.3.2

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: LC_COLLATE=es_MX in PgSQL 7.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:40:42PM -0700, Octavio Alvarez wrote:

> Ohh! Look at this... I think query #4 does not handle the accents
> correctly, and it should behave almost like #5 does, except for the record
> with p = 'R' which should be at the top (if they were #4's results).

I don't understand.  Are you saying that "ré" should sort the same as
"RÉ", and that the ambiguity should be solved by the next column?  Well
if it's that, I'm afraid it's not the way the locale is defined.  I wish
I could tell you how it is defined, but I don't really understand it.
You can see for yourself in:

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/localedata/locales/es_ES?cvsroot=glibc

The rules seem pretty convoluted.

"El destino baraja y nosotros jugamos" (A. Schopenhauer)