Re: Index not being used in MAX function (7.2.3)

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Index not being used in MAX function (7.2.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 11:41:26 -0700,
  Dann Corbit <DCorbit@connx.com> wrote:

> Isn't that the optimizer's job to figure out?  The whole idea of SQL is
> to abstract the queries and allow the optimizer to make all the smart
> choices about plans and stuff.

In theory yes. My comment was specifically addressing the idea of using
a macro. I don't think this would work because subselects aren't
always the best way to do this.

There are other areas where how you write queries makes a big difference
in performance even though the queries are logically equivalent.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Сообщение: Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user