Re: Trouble starting ipc-daemon as a service

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Trouble starting ipc-daemon as a service
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Dave,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 05:22:03PM -0400, Dave Steenburg wrote:
> But now the problem has shifted.  Now when I try to start the
> postmaster service, it returns a system error 1069: "The service did
> not start due to a logon error."  I am logged on as "postgres" (an
> admin account) and in the Service Manager it shows "Log on as
> .\postgres" so I'm not sure where the problem comes from.  Any ideas.

See the README:

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.3.3.README

Specifically, the following:

    3. Grant the "postgres" user the "Log on as a service" user right:

        # cmd /c secpol.msc # [3] [4] [5] [12]

    [snip]

    [12] On Windows XP Home, there is no built in way to assign user
    rights -- use ntrights instead.  This tool is available from the
    Windows 2000 Resource Kit or
    http://www.dynawell.com/reskit/microsoft/win2000/ntrights.zip.

Jason