Re: FW: [ADMIN] Shared_buffers and kernel parameters, tuning

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: FW: [ADMIN] Shared_buffers and kernel parameters, tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 21:26:49 +0530,
  Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in> wrote:

> Point is we should be able to say RTFC rather than RTFA as that would get a DBA
> single place to look at.  I agree that no amount of simplicity is enough but
> still..:-)

I believe there was discussion a couple of months ago that came to a
different conclusion. There was concern about having documenation that
wasn't in the documentation and have to versions of essentially the
same information that both need to be maintained.