Re: PostgreSQL presentation at LSM

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: PostgreSQL presentation at LSM
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Dear Peter,

Nice to hear from you. Do not hesitate to take over the presentation, I am
glad you are come at LSM. I only proposed to take over, because the previous
speaker had canceled the presentation.

Peter : in short, I would like to make a short presentation of the "PostgreSQL
offer" in 45 minutes. It is mainly what we discussed at the restaurant in
Brussels. In my opinion, we should present PostgreSQL as a "bundle"
including:

- PostgreSQL backend,
- pgAdmin3 GUI interface (by the way, visit http://snake.postgresql.org for
snapshots). pgAdmin3 was mainly developed by Andreas Pflug from Germany.
Maybe he shall be interested to join.
- PhpPgAdmin 3.0 web interface.

And also outline the idea of a community:
- Documentation projects,
- Mailing lists presentation,
- Gborg projects and other contributions.

This can be done in 45 minutes, no software demo, only a standard PDF
presentation. To make sure the presentation is standard, I propose to submit
a first draft on the advocacy mailing list and validate it.

Having standard docs will allow anyone to make more presentations...

Cheers, Jean-Michel