Re: FW: [ADMIN] Shared_buffers and kernel parameters, tuning

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: FW: [ADMIN] Shared_buffers and kernel parameters, tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Shridhar,

> I was planning to document postgresql.conf with little hints, enough to get
> one started, drawing inspiration from lilo.conf of debian, which is
> beautiful to say the least..

This week, I am:

1) Submiting a patch to re-organize postgresql.conf.sample and "Run-Time
Configuration" docs in a more logical order.

2) Finishing up a massive OpenOffice.org spreadsheet full information on each
postgresql.conf option, including anecdotal advice from this list.

Next week, I will try to turn the spreadsheet into a series of HTML pages for
Techdocs.

I would be thrilled to have your help on:
a) editing + augmenting the spreadsheet contents
b) transforming it into HTML pages.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: FW: [ADMIN] Shared_buffers and kernel parameters, tuning
Сообщение: Re: FW: [ADMIN] Shared_buffers and kernel parameters, tuning