Re: Estimate of when CVS will be available again?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Estimate of when CVS will be available again?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Erk ...
>
> Okay, I have CVSup up and available again, which allows you to download
> the whole repository locally to work on ... is there a strong reason why
> anoncvs is *required* to the repository with this available?
>
> Sean cites both performance and security as reasons to *not* make anoncvs
> available ...

But this requires cvsup, which you have to admit, as a Modula program,
is pretty weird.  Sure people can get cvsup binaries, but we are an open
source project, and it is nice to rely on standard tools.  I realize the
cvsup source is distributed, but as it is written in Modula, the source
code is pretty close to useless.  I think we have to offer anoncvs.