DBMD supportsIntegrityEnhancementFacility() - should this return true?

От Alex Winawer
Тема DBMD supportsIntegrityEnhancementFacility() - should this return true?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

My first question is does anyone know exactly what the "Integrity Enhancement
Facility" is? I can only find references to the description of method in the
JDBC Javadoc which isn't helpful ("Retrieves whether this database supports
the SQL Integrity Enhancement Facility.").

I am working on a project in which supportsIntegrityEnhancementFacility() is
being used to determine if the database supports ON DELETE CASCADE. Is this
the appropriate method for this and if so, should the PostgreSQL version be
changed to return true.

Current Implementation in AbstractJdbc1DatabaseMetaData.java is
/*
 * Is the SQL Integrity Enhancement Facility supported?
 * I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so I guess not
 *
 * @return true if so
 * @exception SQLException if a database access error occurs
 */
public boolean supportsIntegrityEnhancementFacility() throws SQLException
{
        if (Driver.logDebug)
                Driver.debug("supportsIntegrityEnhancementFacility false ");
        return false;
}

TIA
Alex Winawer