Re: [bug?] oddity creating table with uppercase initial

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: [bug?] oddity creating table with uppercase initial
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 23:07:24 +0100,
  Paul Makepeace <postgresql.org@paulm.com> wrote:

> Should I simply avoid names with uppercase? This seems like a shame.

You need to use double quotes when referring to objects that have
uppercase letters in their names. Unquoted names are treated as all
lowercase by Postgres.

While you used quotes when creating the table (but not the sequence which
will case you some problems) you didn't use them in the select statement.

My recommendation would be not to really use uppercase in the table names.
You can use uppercase when referring to them to make things more readable,
but just let stuff get converted internally to lower case.

Сообщение: Re: [bug?] oddity creating table with uppercase initial
Сообщение: Re: [bug?] oddity creating table with uppercase initial