Re: Linux startup script

От Darko Prenosil
Тема Re: Linux startup script
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 05 June 2003 16:08, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Darko Prenosil once said:
> > I have noticed that after "/etc/init.d/postgresql restart", postmaster is
> > no longer writes to "serverlog". (RedHat 9).
> > Here is fixed "restart" section.
> >
> > restart)
> >     echo -n "Restarting PostgreSQL: "
> >     su - $PGUSER -c "$DAEMON restart -D '$PGDATA' -s -m fast -l $PGLOG"
> >     echo "ok"
> >     ;;
>
> What version of the RPMs are you running (and are they PGDG or RH)?  The
> version that I have has the following restart section:

PostgreSQL 7.3.3 compilled from source.

> restart(){
>     stop
>     start
> }
>
> I've checked the PGDG RHL9 ones and see the same thing...
>
> Andrew

I was talking about startup script in contrib directory of postgresql source,
not RH startup script. I mentioned RedHat only because  that directory
contains startup scripts for platforms other than linux, and to avoid any
misunderstanding. So this is sure not Yours (RedHat) fault.

Bruce Momijan already applied patch to current CVS, so this if fixed !
Regards !