Re: Enabling and disabling run time configuration parameters.

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Enabling and disabling run time configuration parameters.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:35:22AM -0400, Yusuf wrote:
> I have discovered that I could optimize queries by adjusting the
> following parameters such as enable_seqscan, enable_hashjoin,
> enable_mergejoin and enable_nestloop.
>
> Is it a good idea, to temporarily adjust those values before running a
> query to spend up the execution time?  I've searched online and wasn't
> able to find articles about it.

It sounds like you need more general tuning.  If the planner is
making mistakes, it'd be nice to know about it.  Could you post some
details?

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Сообщение: Re: Enabling and disabling run time configuration parameters.
Сообщение: Re: Enabling and disabling run time configuration parameters.