IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Permission denied)

От Theuns
Тема IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Permission denied)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
When trying to start the postmaster after installation, I get this
error :

$ postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Permission denied) key=5432001,
size=1104896, permission=600
This type of error is usually caused by an improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
For more information, see the FAQ and platform-specific
FAQ's in the source directory pgsql/doc or on our
web site at http://www.postgresql.org.
FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region

Checking the share memory status:

$ ipcs -l

------ Shared Memory Limits --------
max number of segments = 1024
max seg size (kbytes) = 32768
max total shared memory (kbytes) = 134217728
min seg size (bytes) = 1

Cgecking the shmmax configuration value :

$ vi /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax

33554432

Check hard disk space :

$ df -vk
/dev/hda6              4719972   4407656     72548  99% /
/dev/hda1                69973      2476     63884   4% /boot

I can not access the postrgresql mail list archives or subscribe to a
list due to the hard disk failures they had encountered recently.

I'm working on a Redhat Linux 7.0 (Guinness)
Kernel 2.2.16-22 on an i686

with the latest PostgreSQL version 7.3.3

The machine has 128mb ram with a 4gb hard drive

PS. I am not a Linux expert and have to get this working on my own so
any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Theuns
LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD - WWW.HEALTHIEST.CO.ZA

Cool Connection, Cool Price, Internet Access for R59 monthly @ WebMail
http://www.webmail.co.za/dialup/