Re: Currval not working

От Chris Gamache
Тема Re: Currval not working
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Currval is defined if the sequence is incremented during the connection. If you
want the current value of the sequence regardless of whether our not it was
updated this session (PostgreSQL 7.2) :

SELECT last_value FROM hodiv_hodiv_id_seq;

Beware: This value has a completely different meaning than currval. Currval is
basicly the last (updated) value of the sequence for the connection. AFAIK,
last_value will return the value of the sequence at the moment of the query,
and is subject to be changed by concurrent connections.

Make sure you have SELECT permissions for the sequence.

HTH,

CG