Re: ERROR: CreateTrigger: function.....

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: ERROR: CreateTrigger: function.....
Дата
Re: ERROR: CreateTrigger: function.....  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 02 Jun 2003 11:21 am, Verhaag, G. wrote:
> Dear list-member,
>
> I'm new to triggers, and want to try them! That's why I generated a
> function with plpgsql. Creating the function seems to work, as the word
> CREATE suggest after the CREATE FUNCTION..... statement is being executed!

Certainly does.

> However when I want to see whether it is really present I type \df
> myfunctionsname(); within the psql interface, but without a positive
> result! Any other user-defined function I create which doesn't have an
> OPAQUE return type, does show up in the list of functions when I issue the
> \dt-command!

Difficult to say what's happening here - especially as you say you're happily
creating other functions. Have you tried "\df abc*" where "abc" is the first
few letters of your function-name?

Perhaps see my (sadly out-of-date) PostgreSQL Notes at:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/ and see if you can get one of the examples
there to work.

If you're still seeing problems, post the CREATE FUNCTION to the list and
we'll have a look.
--
  Richard Huxton