Re: Proposal for Re-ordering CONF (was: Re: GUC and postgresql.conf docs)

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Proposal for Re-ordering CONF (was: Re: GUC and postgresql.conf docs)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> Josh's proposal looks pretty good to me in general, though some of the
> details seem a little odd.  "max_files_per_process" doesn't belong under
> lock management (perhaps better to stick it under Memory Usage, possibly
> renaming that category to Resource Consumption) and the Query Tuning/Other
> section seems kinda random.  But "miscellaneous" variables are always a
> bear to classify.

OK, sure.  I'll track everybody's suggestions an post a revised ordering
tommorrow or wednesday.

One of my objectives was to avoid having a "Miscellaneous" section, as I find
such sections tend to grow with time.   I couldn't avoid the Query
Tuning/Other section, though, or for that matter Client Connection/Other; the
options named definitely belong in that category, but don't have an
appropriate sub-category that I can think of.

Anybody see anything else that should be moved?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: Problems with renaming a column
Сообщение: Re: Problems with renaming a column