Re: Accessing 2 different databases in the same query ?

От Nagib Abi Fadel
Тема Re: Accessing 2 different databases in the same query ?
Дата
Re: Accessing 2 different databases in the same query ?  (Darko Prenosil <darko.prenosil@finteh.hr>)
Список pgsql-general
From what i read dblink let's us access another database in the same query ... Which is great.
 But does it slow down the query ??
And what about making references between tables (creating foreign keys) is it possible ?????

Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
On Monday 02 Jun 2003 7:22 am, Nagib Abi Fadel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there a way to access 2 different Tables each one in a different
> database with one sql query ?(or to make references between them)...
>
> Personally i don't believe there's a way because we are talking about two
> different databases, but i'm facing this problem and i would really
> appreciate if anyone could help.

There's a package called "dblink" in the contrib directory of the source
distribution. Might also be available as RPM etc. This sounds like what you
want.

--
Richard Huxton