Re: No more RH7.3 RPMs?

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: No more RH7.3 RPMs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 29 May 2003 07:26, ow wrote:
> RH7.3 is a supported distribution for at least 6 months.

By Red Hat, but not necessarily by us.
That being said:

> Any plans to add
> Postgres 7.3.3 RPMs for RH7.3?

Yes.  Please understand that I only have at my disposal machines running Red
Hat 9 (my personal notebook), Red Hat 8.0 (a couple of servers I admin), and
Aurora 1.0 (0.42) (my personal SPARC servers).  I do not have a RH7.3 box, so
I can't directly support RH 7.3.

Please also understand that I am not being paid by anyone at this time to do
RPM releases -- it is a completely volunteer operation.

That being said, I have volunteers who build RPMs for the older distributions.
RH 7.3 RPMs should be available today, with RH 6.2 RPMs possibly also
available today.

Also please note that Red Hat doesn't support PostgreSQL 7.3.3 on Red Hat
Linux 7.3.  RHL 7.3 shipped with a different version of PostgreSQL, which is
the only version that they will support on Red Hat Linux, unless Red Hat
releases an errata through RHN for PostgreSQL.

While I and Red Hat closely track on the contents of the RPMs, the RPMs
labeled with 'PGDG' are not in any way being made available by Red Hat
Software.  They are being made available by the PostgreSQL Global Development
Group.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio