Re: Clustering using dblink

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Clustering using dblink
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 07:36:43PM +0700, Yudha Setiawan wrote:
> Dear Milist,
> I Think this is the hard part for me,
> I've been porting from Ms-SQL to PostgreSQL, and
> All done succesfully, but the speed is still became
> our apprehension right now. we have tried to add the
> Hardisk(SCSI) with a controler for each. And tried to
> spliting a view table or schema for helping I/O proccess.
> It's helpfull just for a while. But it's getting
> Slow again right now.
> And the last one i had is just using dblink for spliting
> my schema and table to another server. This's my part
> of view's script...;

Umm, I don't know where you got the idea that putting it on another server
would improve speed.

Anyway, have you done all the usual things for performace (tune buffers and
sort_mem)? Did you create the right indexes and did you run vacuum analyze?

Please post an example query else we cannot help you. The EXPLAIN ANALYZE
output would be most useful.
> "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
> religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
> Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
>   - Samuel P. Huntington

Вложения