Re: Slashdot: SAP and MySQL Join Forces

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Slashdot: SAP and MySQL Join Forces
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 01:57:34AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> In case you've not checked out Slashdot in the last day or two:
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/05/23/1826202&mode=thread&tid=137&tid=198
>
> I tend to agree with the viewpoint that getting anything useful out of
> such a merger will be a difficult project.

Quite difficult, I think.  Unless there's a lot of work already done
under cover, it will probably be quite some time before real usable
software emerges.  In the mean time we have to make sure to have a
really good product so we can compete when (and if) there's something
coming our way.

"I call it GNU/Linux. Except the GNU/ is silent." (Ben Reiter)