Re: some troubles with accent by using java with postgres

От Holger Klawitter
Тема Re: some troubles with accent by using java with postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2003 14:22 schrieb olivier.guichaoua@i-carre.net:
> hello,
>
>     I work on an java apllication with postgres jdbc ... I would like to
> configure my jbdc drivers to allow accent (é à ç..)
> by replacing US7_ASCII with the latin one ... how can i do this?

Java is not the issue - it internally uses UNICODE anyway. The JDBC interface
converts UNICODE strings to whatever the encoding of the database is (or
informs the backend accordingly (?).

A US_ASCII Database cannot store LATIN accents. You have to create the
database with an encoding capable of storing these characters. In your case
both LATIN1 and UTF-8 (the most common UNICODE dialect) will do.

    createdb -E LATIN1 your_database_name

Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards
    Holger Klawitter
--
lists@klawitter.de