Re: latin1 -> unicode

От Holger Klawitter
Тема Re: latin1 -> unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2003 11:15 schrieb Jules Chalier:
> hy
>
> I would like to convert my latin1 database (allready create with data
> inside....) in a unicode database.

It should work like this:

* Dump the Database (pg_dump)

* Put "\encoding latin1" into the dump. (Not sure where, probably once
at the beginning or maybe after each "\connect"). This makes the restore
process considering following data as latin1. The database will take care of
converting it into the native unicode.

* Create the new Database with Unicode encoding (createdb -E unicode)

* Read the dump with psql into the new database.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards
    Holger Klawitter
--
lists@klawitter.de