Re: Building 7.3.2 on HP-UX w/out zlib/readline

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Building 7.3.2 on HP-UX w/out zlib/readline
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ed L. wrote:
> Should I expect any problems resulting from building 7.3.2 on HP-UX 11.00
> using the --without-readline and --without-zlib?  [The build went fine and
> for the first time ever, all regression tests passed, even geometry.]

The INSTALL file explains what you are missing:

        --without-readline

            Prevents the use of the Readline library. This disables command-
            line editing and history in psql, so it is not recommended.

        --without-zlib

            Prevents the use of the Zlib library. This disables compression
            support in pg_dump. This option is only intended for those rare
            systems where this library is not available.