Re: Different results in a loop with RECORD vs ROWTYPE...

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Different results in a loop with RECORD vs ROWTYPE...
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom,

> > If you're still interested, I will consult my PL/SQL bible this afterno=
on=20
to=20
> > see what Oracle 8i does in this case.
>=20
> Since plpgsql is generally supposed to be a slavish imitation of Oracle,
> it would be good to know what they do...

Unfortunately, PL/PQL Programming, 2nd Edition, does not make it clear what=
=20
happens if you select the wrong columns for a given %ROWTYPE.  Like PL/pgSQ=
L,=20
PL/SQL Programming encourages the use of RECORDs rather than %ROWTYPE.

I'll post to the SQL list to see if any of the Oracle hackers there knows.

--=20
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco