Re: $PostgreSQL$ for revision info

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: $PostgreSQL$ for revision info
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Would anyone object to replacing $Header$ and $Id$ with $PostgreSQL$ for
> > a file version marker?
>
> I don't really care to depend on a nonstandard CVS setup...

Data point: Most large projects that have their source routinely
imported into other repositories or import other bits of code, make
heavy use of non-standard $Id$'s for the sake of reducing diff's and
collisions.  The BSDs are the biggest examples and users of this.  I
personally would very much like to see this change as I've grumbled
about doing imports of PostgreSQL into repos that I don't manage and
having lost version information because of colliding $Id$ tags.

Using the options file is pretty standard and has a long history of
use.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/CVSROOT/options

-sc

--