Re: SELECT DISTINCT ON bug?

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: SELECT DISTINCT ON bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 08:53:10 -0600,
  "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't we also need them around the expression on the select line?
>
> SELECT [ ALL | DISTINCT [ ON {( expression [, ...] ) } ] ]
>        { * | expression [ AS output_name ] [, ...] }

I don't think so. Where you put them you have enclosed tokens that
are only concatenated so precedence doesn't cause a problem.
The original format implies that you can have a select statement without
the SELECT keyword and that if you use the SELECT keyword you also have
to use * for the target list.