Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/commands/variable.c b ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/commands/variable.c b ...
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/commands/variable.c b ...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I am getting:
>
> >     gcc -O2 -pipe -m486 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -O1 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -I../../../src/include -I/usr/local/include/readline
-I/usr/contrib/include -c -o variable.o variable.c

> >     variable.c: In function `tzset_succeeded':
> >     variable.c:328: `tzname' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Odd.  tzname is supposed to exist according to the Unix specs I've
> looked at, eg
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/tzname.html
> It does exist on Marc's FreeBSD setup:
> > gcc -E /usr/include/time.h | grep tzname
> extern char *tzname[];
>
> Maybe on your machine we need to include <sys/time.h> or some such?

I just checked using grep on all my /usr/include files, and can't find
tzname anywhere, but it is in libc.  I added a line to port/bsdi.h to
fix it, but I am not sure that is the correct solution.

I thought this might be new because of my upgrade to BSD/OS 4.3, but I
just checked my 4.2 machine and it also doesn't have tzname.  Seems this
might be the first time we are referencing tzname if struct tm already
exists.  Can we switch to a struct tm/tzname solution?

Pennsylvania19073