Re: compiling mod_auth_pgsql

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: compiling mod_auth_pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 21 May 2003 6:18 pm, cliff@cliffmeyers.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I posted this message to pgsql-interfaces but I figured I'd post to the
> general list as well.
>
> I'm trying to install mod_auth_pgsql 0.9.12 with apache 1.3.27 on Red Hat
> Linux 8.  I've followed the directions for installation to the letter, but
> the apache 'make' command dies on me, complaining that it can't find
> libpq.so.3 even though it exists in my /usr/local/pgsql/lib directory.
> What's strange is that it dies during part of the apache 'make' that seems
> to have nothing to do with the mod_auth_pgsql module.

Two things to check:

1. Have you made the relevant changes in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig?
or
2. Have you told ./configure where to find the pgsql directory?

Step 1 just requires you add the path to the ld.so.conf file and run ldconfig
(as root). That tells the linker where to look for libraries.

--
  Richard Huxton