Re: INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE Views

От Darko Prenosil
Тема Re: INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE Views
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 20 May 2003 12:01, Kaarel wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm relatively new to PostgreSQL. I was wondering why were
> INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE view diabled in PostgreSQL? Other database systems
> have these features so why shouldn't PostgreSQL. I did some searching
> and found that prior version 7.1 or 7.0 these features were in fact
> enabled. I couldn't however find a satisfying reason for the removal of
> these features from PostqreSQL mailing list archives.

    Postgres had, and still have update, delete and insert rules, which can be
used to "simulate" updatable views. Read documentation !  You can start with
"CREATE RULE" sql command. It is too much to explain it in one mail.

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Fw: How to get required space between field names
От: "Nigel J. Andrews"
Сообщение: Re: How to get required space between field names