Re: Suggestion GRANT ALTER, TRIGGER ON ALTER

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Suggestion GRANT ALTER, TRIGGER ON ALTER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> No objection here.  We saw a recent request for logging only
> data-modifying statements, too (ie, everything but SELECTs).
> Might be worth thinking about whether those two cases cover it,
> or whether there needs to be some more-general way of choosing
> which statements to log according to their type.

Actually, I can see that ... what about an option like "log_statement" which
took an array of text which would correspond to the first part of the
statement?  Then we could leave it up to the DBA do decide what they want to
log, with the validation list being the base list of SQL statements, i.e.:

log_statement = "CREATE TABLE, ALTER TABLE, CREATE VIEW, ALTER VIEW"

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco