Re: add a constraint to specify NOT NULL values

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: add a constraint to specify NOT NULL values
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 20 May 2003, javier garcia - CEBAS wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> How could I add a constraint to specify that a column can't be null? I've
> tried a lot of sintaxis of the style of:
>
> (the table is "pluviometria", and the column is "year")
>

>  ALTER TABLE pluviometria ALTER year CONSTRAINT NOT NULL;
>  ALTER TABLE pluviometria.year CONSTRAINT NOT NULL;
>  ALTER pluviometria.year ADD CONSTRAINT NOT NULL;
>  ALTER TABLE pluviometria ALTER COLUMN cod_variable SET NOT NULL;

The last form should work if you're using a new enough version (assuming
cod_variable is the column you want to not null - you used year in the
other examples), what version are you using?

A fallback position might be something like
ALTER TABLE pluviometria ADD CHECK (column is not null);