pg_atoi problem with 7.3.2

От nolan@celery.tssi.com
Тема pg_atoi problem with 7.3.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Something in 7.3.2 seems to have broken the dbf2pg program in the contrib
directory.

When I run it on 7.3.1 with a particular dBase file, it works fine.  If
I run it on that same 7.3.1 system but using a 7.3.2 system as the host,
it still works.

But when I try to run it directly on the 7.3.2 system I get the following:

ERROR:  copy: line 174507, pg_atoi: zero-length string
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
Something went wrong while copying. Check your tables!

I also get this error if I run it on the 7.3.2 system directing it
towards the 7.3.1 system as the host.

The 7.3.2 system is running Red Hat 8.0, linux kernel version 2.4.20.
the 7.3.1 system is running Red Hat 5.1, linux kernel version 2.2.23.

Any suggestions on where to look for the problem?  I've tried looking for
pg_atoi issues in the archives but don't see anything recent.

Is there a more recent version of the dbf2pg program than the one in
the contrib directory for 7.3.2?
--
Mike Nolan